Welcome back to all of our readers!
September’s finally here and so is the end of summer holidays…boooo… 😦
But the end of summer also means that it’s the moment of new starts and comebacks: students go back to school, workers go back to work, people start shopping again for the cold season ahead, new makeup collections come out and the cooler weather surely calls for some comfort food to forget the post-vacation blues!
My friend, the Brunette, has been endlessly asking me for a particular cake and when I invited the Blonde and her over for a post-dinner rendez-vous, I immediately seized the occasion to make it! I must say, we were all very satisfied with the outcome! I only changed the recipe a little, to adapt it to my taste and available ingredients.
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 100 g butter
- 125 g sunflower oil
- 200 g brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 180 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 80 g ground almonds
- 400 g grated carrots
- 160 g cream cheese (I used Philadelphia)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 80 g powdered sugar
HOW TO PROCEED:
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- In a mixing bowl, mix the butter, oil, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and almonds, and blend thoroughly for one or two minutes until the mixture becomes creamy
- Add the grated carrots and mix everything together with a wooden spoon
- Pour the mixture into a greased springform pan and distribute evenly
- Bake in the oven for about one hour and then cool down
- In the meantime, blend the cheese with the lemon juice and the powdered sugar
- When the cake’s completely cold, spread the cheese evenly on the top of the cake.